Thursday, July 5, 2007

Walpaper sucks

Ok, wallpaper may have it's place in the world.. but not in my bathroom.

It also doesn't have a place in my bathroom when it's only half done. Half the walls were wallpapered the other half wasn't. I yanked it all down, and then realized it left some of the walpaper goo behind and half the walls were yellowed from sun exposure or something...


So the journey began by tearing down the wallpaper... sorry the pic is so dark... you can see that the stiped wallpaper is on the right.. the wierd gold marble-like plastic wall thing is on the left..






Next came removing the sink and toilet to put down the flooring.. somewhere in this process I decided I really didn't like the 70's gold marble look.. so I painted...





And yes I did plug the sewage hole while working.. you don't want to breathe sewage gas so always plug the hole. I also know you are supposed to start from the middle of the floor and work out.. but since we have a single bathroom - toilet use was kind of a priority versus having straight flooring. I also don't plan on keeping the laminate too long. But since we have no budget right now for anything $13.00 for flooring works well.

After flooring went in I had to put the sink back in so I could wash my paint and caulk covered hands. The faucet on the sink was leaky so I got a 10.00 faucet that works well. I'll show pics of the new faucet later. It's not any different than any other faucet you've ever seen.. however I did split the line from a one knob to a two knob.








Still have more flooring to cut and lay down, but it's slowly getting there..


I still have to:


1) Finish installing the flooring

2) Clean up the caulking lines

3) Add one more primer coat then paint
and...







And 4) Rewire Electrical ... bare copper ground wire scares me... this is behind our light fixture.. I still don't even know what it is grounded to!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.